Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help me....

• Please log in to reply

Montana16

Montana16

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Not exactly sure where to start. Right now, no anti-virus programs will run, and pretty much any other program will not run either. Somehow I am able to use firefox right now, but it has disabled my IE and Opera. Malwarebytes will not run, nor will hjthis, adaware, otm, combofix, etc. I was pretty much just going to wipe my whole system and start over, but it won't even let me do that. When I tried to reinstall xp from disc it kept crashing on me. I really don't know what to do at this point, it even crashed firefox on me when I was doing an online scan. And i can also not even boot in safe mode. Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated... Thanks

Also, this all happed when I was in the process of changing my anti-virus software. So right now, I am unprotected and I can't reinstall Norton. Not sure what else I can really tell you guys because I can't post any logs since none of my programs will run.

Edited by Montana16, 09 August 2009 - 08:12 PM.

Advertisements

Montana16

Montana16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
One more thing, the very first problem I noticed was that radio was being played through my speakers upon startup. However, I am no longer hearing that.

Montana16

Montana16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Upon reading through some other people's posts, I tried downloading some additional programs this morning, but I can't open any of them either. :)

Montana16

Montana16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Just tried running Ultimate Boot CD to just try to wipe my drive and start fresh but can't even do that :)