Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

netgear wifi router not loading

• Please log in to reply

cooltechnoguy

cooltechnoguy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have recently done a hard reset to my netgear WNDR3300, and, as I did when i originally got the device, I tried using the Setup CD. I have my DSL modem connected only to my desktop computer, and then i put in the CD. I only get as far as the first step on the installation before it says either, "Internet Connection not Available" or "Network Adapter Problem". Now, this must not be possible, because I have full access to the internet right now in posting this thread. What must I do in order to make setup via CD possible?

I am not exactly computer-literate, so please put in terms and step sizes a newbie would understand.

I apologize if this thread is a repeat, but i am desperate to find the answer.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't need the CD. The CD overcomplicates the issue. The only thing you need the CD for is the user manual, you don't need it to set the router up.

What do you want to do with the router now? Why did you hard reset it in the first place and if it was hard reset most routers won't let you online until you set it up again. I suspect it hasn't been reset at all, with all due respect.

cooltechnoguy

cooltechnoguy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well, i followed instructions to fully clear the memory of the device, including holding the reset for 20 sec, unplugging for 20 sec and plugging back in for 20 sec more, all the while holding the factory reset button. I did so because nothing else i was trying to fix the settings were working.

If it helps whatsoever, these two attached images are of the ipconfig settings with the router plugged in to the whole mess and, and one without. Im pretty sure that if i want the whole thing working, they must have the same values, but i do not understand how to get them that way

If i do not need a disk, then how should i go about configuring the router to work with my pc? I'm not so smart when it comes to these kinda things, so speak a little slow, i wont be too offended =)

Attached Thumbnails

• Side_By_Side.jpg