Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not able to download Sony vegas problems! "Cannot open "

• Please log in to reply

GirlGirI

GirlGirI

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This has been going on now for three weeks. When I download Sony Vegas (7,8,9) I try to install it and when it gets to the very end, a pop up window shows up saying "Cannot open "UNKOWN\.Medialib-bak\media manger\shellnew. Please verify that you have sufficient access to this key".

I am an administrator on my computer.

When I try do download the media manager, it says, "Preforming Media Library Maintenance..." and after that it fails with an "error script code 1"

I was able to download Sony Vegas before, but I uninstalled it because I didn't like Sony Vegas 9. After that, this happened...
I already tried scanning my computer for viruses, but that didn't help. Neither did downloading and scanning with a registry cleaner.
Puh-lease~ help me. I really liked editing on Sony Vegas :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Where are you trying to download Sony Vegas from?

GirlGirI

GirlGirI

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Where are you trying to download Sony Vegas from?

Here:
http://www.sonycreat...trials/vegaspro

Here:
http://www.softpedia...ONY-Vegas.shtml

Here:
http://www.mediafire...php?yjzckzwyg0g

Here:
http://download.cnet....html?tag=mncol

xMP44x

xMP44x

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
What are your PC's specs? Sony Vegas 9 (7 and 8 are roughly the same) requires the following :

System Requirements

Microsoft® Windows® XP 32-bit SP2 (SP3 recommended) or Windows Vista™ 32-bit or 64-bit (SP1 recommended)
1 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD)
200 MB hard-disk space for program installation
1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
OHCI-compatible i.LINK® connector*/IEEE-1394DV card (for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape)
USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, or DVD camcorders)
Windows-compatible sound card
DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
Supported DVD-recordable drive (for DVD burning only)
Supported Blu-ray recordable drive (for Blu-ray Disc burning only)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later

The ones that are in bold and red are the ones you need to actually run the program. The other ones are completely optional. Check and see if your PC has those specs. If you're on XP, click 'Start', and then 'My Computer'. Select the 'Show System Information' option on the left, or whatever it's called. Post your specs here and people should be able to tell you whether you can run it or not.

A fast processor and about 2GB+ of RAM are recommended. Otherwise, rendering your videos will take quite some time. I have a processor running at 3.69GHz, and I have 3GB RAM. It took me 50 minutes to render out 5 minutes of HD footage. It would have been faster had I not been using my laptop at the time.

GirlGirI

GirlGirI

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What are your PC's specs? Sony Vegas 9 (7 and 8 are roughly the same) requires the following :

System Requirements

Microsoft® Windows® XP 32-bit SP2 (SP3 recommended) or Windows Vista™ 32-bit or 64-bit (SP1 recommended)
1 GHz processor (multicore or multiprocessor CPU recommended for HD)
200 MB hard-disk space for program installation
1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
OHCI-compatible i.LINK® connector*/IEEE-1394DV card (for DV and HDV capture and print-to-tape)
USB 2.0 connection (for importing from AVCHD, XDCAM EX, or DVD camcorders)
Windows-compatible sound card
DVD-ROM drive (for installation from a DVD only)
Supported CD-recordable drive (for CD burning only)
Supported DVD-recordable drive (for DVD burning only)
Supported Blu-ray recordable drive (for Blu-ray Disc burning only)
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0
QuickTime® 7.1.6 or later

The ones that are in bold and red are the ones you need to actually run the program. The other ones are completely optional. Check and see if your PC has those specs. If you're on XP, click 'Start', and then 'My Computer'. Select the 'Show System Information' option on the left, or whatever it's called. Post your specs here and people should be able to tell you whether you can run it or not.

A fast processor and about 2GB+ of RAM are recommended. Otherwise, rendering your videos will take quite some time. I have a processor running at 3.69GHz, and I have 3GB RAM. It took me 50 minutes to render out 5 minutes of HD footage. It would have been faster had I not been using my laptop at the time.

System:

Microsoft Windows XP
Professional
version 2002
Service Pack 3

Computer:

Intel®
Pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz
2.39GHz, 1.25GB RAM