Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

constant restart

• Please log in to reply

ultimate_zero

ultimate_zero

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
i just put in a new stick of 512mb ram and it seemed to detect it alright unlike last time when i put in a new stick of 512 it didn't detect it. however now teh comp restarts every 10 minutes or so. i did a memory test (windows one) and it fails a whole bunch of tests. does it mean it's a bad stick? or does that mean it is incomptat? after the memory test i get hte error
STOP:0x0000007B (0XF795F640,0x0000034,0x00000000,0x00000000) what do i dooooooooo

i've currently changed back to my sitkc of 256 while i try and figure out this problem... xp has given me so many headaches

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
usually 7b is a disk error, and the parameter 0x0000034 is usually a good indicator of a drive incompatability...given the coinicdence, though, I think it's a safe bet that the RAM is the culprit

ultimate_zero

ultimate_zero

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
when it fails the ram tests, does that mean the stick is bad or just incompat? that's what i'm wondering

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
bad for you...not sure what you want...

Some motherboards are more finicky then others....if you want to try it in another board, go ahead, but you are not getting it to work in yours.

Is it on your motherboards "good memory list"?

ultimate_zero

ultimate_zero

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
well i'm just wondering if the motherboard reads it and i have the total correct amount of ram, but it finds errors on teh stick of ram when i do a memory test, does it mean that the stick if faulty? liek i should take it back?

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
If the ram is on the mobo manufacturers list as approved and you get error messages, take it back if you want.