Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No XP32 bit drivers for Nvidia video card`

• Please log in to reply

Picky

Picky

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I purchased a PNY 9500GT/512 PCIEX video card, I installed it on a Ausus M4A78 Plus Motherboard. When I put the install disk in it would not find the video card. Come to find out that Nvidia only has drivers for that video card that will work on XP 64 biT, VISTA ND WIN 7. i Believe I should have been warned about that before buying the card. Has anyone run into that before. Picky

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Find that hard to believe.

http://www.nvidia.co...90.38_whql.html

Listed in the supported products section:

*cut big list of cards*
GeForce 9600 GT
GeForce 9600 GS
GeForce 9600 GSO
GeForce 9500 GT
GeForce 9500 GS
GeForce 9400 GT
GeForce 9400
*cut big list of cards*

Edited by Neil Jones, 09 August 2009 - 12:09 PM.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I was just on that site again and didn't find no like to taht driver. I did it the old fashion way, I picked the 9 series, and didn't find any support of xp 32 bit, only 64 bit and above. How did you find that driver, it must be univeral?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Don't bother with the "Automatically find my nVidia product", it may be in beta but it very rarely works.

Picky

Picky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
I didn't use the automatically find my nvidia, I hand picked the drivers from the choice they had.