Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Does Not Boot

• Please log in to reply

bcorz

bcorz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a HP Pavilion 7955 that I use from time to time. The specs for the computer are at http://h10025.www1.h...n...740&lang=en . It also had an extra stick of 256mb ram in it. I was putting new ram in the computer (taking out the old sticks and adding new PC133 512mb sticks). When I turned the computer back on it started to boot up and then stopped. By the smell of things, something burnt out. I let the computer sit overnight and then looked at it in the morning. I also purchased a power supply. I put the new power supply in the computer and then tried to turn it on. The only thing that happened was the fans turned on for less than a second. It is of note that I smelled the new power supply before sticking it in the computer and it smelled a bit off, it might be burnt out. Then I put the old power supply in. When I turned on the computer with nothing but the hard drive hooked up the fans spun constantly but nothing happened with the computer. The hard drive didn't spin and the computer didn't display anything. So, my question is, what do you think is wrong with the computer?

Advertisements