Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

comp shows a network connection but can't access IE or firefox

• Please log in to reply

booellis

booellis

• Pip
  • 2 posts
we have 3 computers connected to one network and only mine is having problems. i have looked anywhere and everywhere on my system and each place i look shows a network connection. when i try to load either IE or firefox, it shows either "internet explorer cannot display webpage" and "firefox has lost the connection" or something like that. i called my ISP and linksys and they both told me that my computer is the problem and not the ISP or router. i'm hooked up to a wireless linksys adapter and never had any problems like this before. i am completely ready to throw my computer out the window so any advice is helpful. thanks.

Edited by booellis, 09 August 2009 - 08:11 PM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Please post the output of an ipconfig /all command from the command prompt.

booellis

booellis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i can't post this info because i'm using another comp to access this website. however i did try that on my comp and have the info just can't send it to you.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Take a picture of the screen and upload it.