Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

No Sound From The PC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Jamie 1978

Jamie 1978

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, I have a desktop pc by the make of 'INFINITY' which has Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3 but I can't play any music through Media Player as it mentions the following error message:-

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there might be a problem with your sound or video device. Try installing an updated device driver."

I've tried re-installing the driver as it previously had a REALTEK audio driver installed on it but it wont install so i went into the device manager and looked under the 'sound, video and game controllers' section and noticed that the REALTEK driver is now not there so i tried re-scanning for hardware changes and it still didn't pick up the REALTEK driver but instead it's now picked up the following driver and error message:-

"Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus"

Status Message Code 28: The drivers for this device are not installed.
Class GUID {4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Device ID HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662&SUBSYS_105B0D47&REV_1001\4&25EBD212&0&0201

I've tried updating this driver and I still get no sound and i've even gone onto the Realtek website to try and get the relevant driver but I still get no joy.

I've also ran a program called Belarc Advisor and can confirm that my motherboard is as follows: -

Board: Foxconn 45CMX/45GMX/45CMX-K
Serial Number: UYRM81500127
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 03/19/2008

PLEASE HELP as i feel like i want to pull my hair out!!!!!

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Closed. DUPLICATE

Murray