Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Lost printer on wireless network

• Please log in to reply

bookie

bookie

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
Don77 was good enough to walk me through recovery from a serious assault from hijackers and other assorted crud on my notebook computer. Before I got hit I was able to "see" the printer on my wireless network and print to it. The printer is connected to my desktop by a USB cable. Now I can browse the desktop files but when I try to add a printer and browse to it no network printer shows up. Is it likely it was a casualty of the trauma my notebook computer just went through? Any ideas how I can once again use this printer? This notebook is pretty lame without it.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

bookie

bookie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
Nevermind. I got help figuring it out somewhere else and it works now.