Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems installing game on Vista

• Please log in to reply

Angel Dornhagen

Angel Dornhagen

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I just recently bought X-COM Ufo defense. It is supposed to be compatible with Windows Vista. No matter what file I click on I can get the game to install. Does anyone know how to install the game or have any suggestions for me?

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

It seems there is a longer process to installing. Because the game was originally DOS you need like you say DosBox.

Now have a read through This is will tell you how to mount your disk in DosBox. There is more help for DosBox HERE if required.

The last guide will tell you also how to mount and run the game itself. Hopefully not to confusing :)

Angel Dornhagen

Angel Dornhagen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks so much, while it was a bit confusing, I figured it out and the game is now working! Thanks so much for your help on this classic game

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
No problem glad to help :)

I actually installed it and played it earlier so you've made me go all retro :)