Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation of Windows Live Messenger Error

• Please log in to reply

Futurist074

Futurist074

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I have recently attempted to download the latest version of Windows Live Messenger.

I have attempted this before only to find that I cannot download the execution files dircetly from Microsoft, and after obtaining the files from elsewhere, it will not retrieve any information from microsoft in order to fully install the program.

Putting aside this problem, I continued to use the older version of messenger as it worked effectively and effciently and decided to abandon the download of the new version.

However, having desired an update in my MSN experience again, I began to attempt the downloads again, only to find the same results.

I thought that my current version of MSN might be the problem, and without hesitance, uninstalled Windows Live Messenger completely from my computer.

Now, having found the same problems installing the latest version, I cannot download any of the older versions without the same messages from microsoft.

Assistance would be much appreciated, thanks.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Welcome to GeeksToGo :)

Now we cannot help you if you don't tell us the full problem. If you could answer the questions below that would be great:
  • What messages are you getting?
  • I cannot download the execution files directly from Microsoft - What happens when you try?
  • it will not retrieve any information - What happens? Error messages? Denied access?
  • without the same messages from Microsoft. - Again what's the message?

Just to try while you here,

Read This Article on how to remove messenger completely. Its possible there is something left over. You can download it under the Version History heading.

Edited by rev_olie, 12 August 2009 - 03:27 AM.