Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advanced Virus Removal screwed up my Internet

• Please log in to reply

maravig

maravig

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I got this last night and ran malware bytes, which allowed me to run programs and regedit again. However, I'm no longer receiving packets and can't get to the Internet. I've flushed the dns and cannot renew my IP address now. I've rebooted my cable modem for the heck of it, but nothing. I've also tried this with my built in firewall, off and on, still can't get through. I'm pretty sure there are still remnants of this [bleep] thing on my XP (sp3) PC. I also get the logon.exe error when starting up. The error I get when trying to renew is ...not a socket. Right now, the only thing I think I can do is re-apply service pack 3. Has anyone else come across this variation?

Jeff

Advertisements