Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless problems - Belkin router security

• Please log in to reply

aude.scire

aude.scire

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I am having some problems with my home wireless connections. I set up my Belkin wireless router using the included CD and did not include any passwords for security in those settings. Without passwords, both computers in our home are able to connect to the router and the internet. When I include security settings (WPA2-Personal, AES encryption) both will connect to the router, but only one will connect to the internet. Both laptops are Dell Inspiron running Windows Vista (all updates installed). I have tried updating the drivers for the wireless card on the laptop that does not connect, but the software was up to date. All network settings on the computers are identical as far as I know. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements