Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Hijack This" scan results

• Please log in to reply

AngelAKA

AngelAKA

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
A message recently popped up on my computer saying something like "Crash is imminent, backup your files now." My computer is very sluggish, and frequently freezes. Also, when it boots up a screen pops up with the title, "common." The computer will freeze if you try to do anything before the common screen pops up. I have defragged and scanned with no major problems. There is obviously a problem. Here are the Hijack This can results...can you help? :) Thanks in advance, Angie

[attachment=32876:HiJackThis_log.txt]

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello AngelAKA...

While there are a few suspicious entries in the log, the error you are seeing is a serious warning that your hard drive is about to fail. If you have important files on the drive, you should back them up to external media of some sort...or an external hard drive.

wannabe1