Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hijack Log - haxdoor mszx23.exe[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mla

mla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ran the Symantec Search tool, and it came up clean.

In safe mode, I deleted all the Limewire stuff and also found Kazaa, which I deleted. But they are still listed in the Add/Remove Programs List.

Still no sign of PerfectNav or Wintools.

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
If the folders are gone, then that means the programs aren't on your system anymore. What MWav is finding is the leftover empty reg keys for them, which is why they show in the Add/Remove programs list.

If you'd like I can ask someone thats better with RegKeys than myself to write a reg fix to correct this. However, leaving them there won't harm anything, as they are just empty keys.

Let me know!

mla

mla

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Kat,

Don't worry about figuring out the regkeys. If they don't matter it's not worth the effort.

You've been a huge help. I really appreciate it. Thank you for all of the time and effort you've spent helping me.

Michael

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
You're quite welcome! That's what I'm here for!!

Congratulations! :tazz: Your log is clean! ;)
The following is a list of tools and utilities that I like to suggest to people. This list is full of great tools and utilities to help you understand how you got infected and how to keep from getting infected again.
  • SpywareBlaster - Great prevention tool to keep nasties from installing on your system.
  • SpywareGuard - Works as a Spyware "Shield" to protect your computer from getting malware in the first place.
  • IE-SpyAd - puts over 5000 sites in your restricted zone so you'll be protected when you visit innocent-looking sites that aren't actually innocent at all.
  • Windows Updates - It is very important to make sure that both Internet Explorer and Windows are kept current with the latest critical security patches from Microsoft. To do this just start Internet Explorer and select Tools > Windows Update, and follow the online instructions from there.
  • Google Toolbar - Free google toolbar that allows you to use the powerful Google search engine from the bar, but also blocks pop up windows.
  • Trillian or Miranda-IM - These are Malware free Instant Messenger programs which allow you to connect to multiple IM services in one program! (AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, IRC, MSN)
To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If your the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.