Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ntroskrnl hook trojan and rootkit

• Please log in to reply

sc09

sc09

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi, I found out I had the NTROSKRNL hook trojan and genericrootkit.d!rootkit a few days ago. I am not a pc expert but have used alot of my time desperately trying to sort the problem out myself. At the first stage I couldn't get into my antimalware bytes or spybot programs but a few days in i have managed to access them and run them clearing out alot of things in my system.

But everytime I run Mcafee the 2 aforementioned issues are still there even though it says it removes them. Since running the spyware the system performance has improved considerably infact I would say everything is back to normal but the fact that the 2 things are still found on the mcaffee scan is worrying me that things will start going wrong again. I am also scared to access any sensitive info ie banking while all this is going on until i know I'm clean. I have been told to reformat but on your site I think you have resolved this problem for someone already. i tried to follow those directions but i keep getting an error message saying my security settings won't let me download the files. I also get 2 error messages saying the application is not a valdi windows image please check the diskette - they appear everytime I access a function for anything and I know its malware but can't get rid.

please help me as I am really stressed about all this.

thankyou very much

Advertisements