Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

i made a new user account and my computer messed up

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello, i have windows xp i made a new user account for my computer and it messed things up. My other account dissapeared and the one i'm on is on classic view i cant change it i try to got to user accounts to delete it but it just a blank page. internet explorer wont come up. and also it did something to system restore because i used it a few days ago and i tried it after this happened and it says "system restore has been turned off by group policy". any suggestions?

Edited by itar2mas, 11 August 2009 - 08:03 PM.

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
When you login to any account do you get a error message of any type?

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
sounds like when you made the new user account you made it a limited user account...
check in the control panel... user accounts

• PipPipPip
  • 105 posts
Hey itar2mas, I guess your using XP Pro ? Let us know, if so you can access "Group policies" by running > Start > Run: Type; gpedit.msc and hit Enter.
You should be able to change many policies.
If it's XP Home, and you've actually deleted your User Account, keep trying in Control Panel, user accounts , and Administrative tools see if you can find your Old Profile, or the Admin acct.

You may have to configure your new account, and live with it ?