Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video games crashing on a new system. Tried everything

• Please log in to reply

HoochShepherd

HoochShepherd

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok, this is a recently built system. The problem I seem to be coming into this, when ever running games they crash. Depending on the game I'm playing I get different reactions. L4D jsut crashes to my desktop, City of heroes crashes and gives me an error 14 Open gl crash error, prototype just freezes... After talking to EVGA they told me it was the video card and it was RMA'd. When that didn't work they told me it was the PSU, so I replaced it. Now they want me to RMA my mother board... I've tried on diefferent OS's (win7 RC and RTM, Vista) with the same results. I was recently told it was an issue with installing DX9 with said games, but I did a clean install and its not helping. Any help would be amazing!!

Nvidia 750i FTW
Nvidia GTX260
Pentium q9550
OCZ Reaper 1066 DDR2 - 4 gigs
DVD/CD WR SATA
3 WD HDD - 150 IDE media - 150 SATA hackentosh - 260 SATA Win7 RTM
Corsair HX750 PSU

Side note, I'm about to try this all out on XP and see what happens.

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Welcome to GeeksToGo.

Please can you download and install Everest from HERE
Once its installed (leave all of the options just keep pressing next) double click on the shortcut.
Then once its running:
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post

See the image below for more help. Don't include anything under the line "DEBUG- PCI"

Attached Thumbnails

• Everest.jpg

Edited by rev_olie, 13 August 2009 - 05:37 AM.