Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

websites started to display narrow ( in midddle of screen )

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my computer just changed 1 day and now most websites are appearing in the middle of my screen leaving about a 2 inch border on each side that is in the respective websites color. my home page loads fine and yahoo loads fine but most sites are not. another example is when i search on google the " sponsored " links are no longer all the way to the right but in the middle. i tried firefox vs explorer and no differant. i cant restore it by using zoom , text size or screen resolution. i spent an entire night chatting with an HP rep as i have a 17 inch HP Pavillion entertainment notebook ................... fyi - the hp rep tried to "reset internet explorer " and then tried " safe mode - last known good configuration " . lastly , i tried to do a "system restore " but for somereason i couldnt even do that ( message was " can not perform system restore due to a "unspecified" error ) ................ first time ever asking a question online so thank you to whomever does the answering regardless of whatever happens ... jack