Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

part specs for upgrading

• Please log in to reply

Rod428

Rod428

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey guys, am hands-on mechanic in several fields. but little knowledge on ordering specs on parts. have e-machine, 733i,ME, came with 64 ram, now 128. bought 2-256's, had reason to think they would work from online evaluation link. no go.
trying to order a motherboard, but am lost when looking at the numbers. have 100gb with 30 slave.

also, could i have the wrong memory-- 32x64pc100-elp-n......M14N3264-82CCGHU:4 and....does anyone need this if i can't use it..? has only been plugged in, tried, and out.

i'm sure i'll be the greenhorn here, thanks for being here.

prayers, john

Advertisements

SalomonXM

SalomonXM

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hi Rod428,

The E-Machines 733i Computer can only support a maximum of 256MB of SD-RAM; this must be accomplished by using 2-128MB Sticks of SD-RAM.
Unfortunately the 2-256MB Sticks of SD-RAM you purchased are not compatible with this system.

Ordering a Motherboard for a Computer released prior to 2002 may be hard to find and not worth it.

Reference to: http://reviews.cnet...._7-5907557.html

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Realistically not worth upgrading. Consider replacing the machine instead. Seriously.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts

Realistically not worth upgrading. Consider replacing the machine instead. Seriously.

I vote for this one! You're doing well to keep that dinosaur alive, though. :)

If you wanted to keep it, see if you can return the RAM and replace it with 2x 128MB sticks. The place of purchase may let you swap.

Troy

Rod428

Rod428

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
hey troy,, lmao :)

i saw that little face laughing at me...!!

i know you guys are right about that 'dinosaur'. at least you complimented me on keeping it going !!

i had 2-128s, now in gf's puter. i dont need it much, just email and such. and don't have the cash to spare.

is there any sites , or here, for the info to maybe build from scatch..? i enjoy this or wouldn't bother.

thanks for the laughs, and responding, prayers, john

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
HOW COULD YOU MISS IT??!!