Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Primary Hard Disk Drive 0 not found, FROM WINDOWS!

• Please log in to reply

Jay Worner

Jay Worner

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
So Im suppose to be fixing a computer for a friend. He was getting some BSODs and with some microsoft searching found it was a bad boot sector. I thought I hadfixed it with my Ultimate Boot CD, and was able to get into windows for a while. Unfortuantly, after some time fiddling, it started doing it again. He had no data on the computer, it was a fairly recent install of Windows. I formated the HardDrive and reinstalled Windows with a CD I had prior to upgrading to Vista. (ON a WHOLE other note, i failed to double check and make sure there was a product key on teh pc, which there wasnt and now screwed him out of Windows Activation...:/) Anyway, when in Windows you can let it sit for a while and then it will black out like its restarting and give me a Primary hard disk drive 0 not found. I have:

Reset the BIOS
Cleaned Connections
Took Memory out one at a time
Ran chkdsk /f

Any ideas?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Replace the drive.
You're not going to fix bad sectors. All the software that supposedly fixes bad sectors does is effectively make the drive *think* it has no bad sectors. It does not prolong the drive's life.
Now it sounds like it's died altogether. Therefore your hand will be forced into replacing the hard drive.