Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System failed due to ?

• Please log in to reply

eek

eek

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I keep getting a message saying system failed due to ?? can't understand the last few words.... But evertime I go to websites and some programs on the my computer, this voice come on and won't quit System failed due to ???????. Been trying to fix this for about six month. It drives you crazy, so I just mute the sound..
Please help eek

Advertisements

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi,

Welcome to GeeksToGo.

Can you upload a screen shot of the error for me?

• When it pops up press the Print screen button on your keyboard.
  • Then go into MS Paint (Start > All programs > Accessories > Paint)
  • Go to Edit > Paste
  • Save it as a JPEG eg Screenshot.jpeg
  • In your next reply click the Browse button in the Attachment editor
  • find the file you have just saved and click open.

It will then be attached.

eek

eek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello Olie:
There is no error window, it is a audio that keeps saying "system failed due to ????????" Can't understand the last two to three words... I am thinking it is some kind of secuitly program, that I downloaded at sometime, but can not locate the program to fix it....
Please Help eek

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
What security programs are you running?

eek

eek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have Comodo, and Advance System Care to clean computer
eek

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Hi eek,

I thought tuxmaster was going to take over your thread but it seems not.

Now just to ask have you changed and voltages on your CPU/RAM. I know there can be audio messages due to that.
Sometimes they will say something like System Failed due to CPU overclocking but maybe not exactly like that.

Its plucking on a string tber there are no other ideas being posted so lets try it:

1, Follow This Guide and run memtest for 8 passes. Report back any errors it finds.

2, After running memtest follow This Guide on how to run Prime to check how your CPU is running. Also before running read This Thread on changing the correct settings.

If unsure leave it.

eek

eek

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for coming back to me rev_olie:
I am little confused on how to do this and running out of time I am leaving for a new job tomorrow and I know to figure this one out going to take me alittle time. And I won't be near my computer here at home, my wife will but I don't think she would even attemp to try to this... but will keep my laptop on.... Hope to be back home in 2 month... will try fixing then. I have been trying to figure out message sounds like system failed keep the impact...??
Thanks agian eek

rev_olie

rev_olie

• PipPipPip
  • 532 posts
Ok then well when your back then let me know and we can have a look at the issue again.