Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

reinstalled XP, now IE6 not working correctly

• Please log in to reply

Ball-Z

Ball-Z

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently tried to get rid of a nagging Trogan by reinstalling XP. After several errors while installing, I was left with several problems.
The First and most persistant: The requested lookup key was not found on any active activation content. Iread that this was being caused by a corrupt version of IE. I iuninstalled IE6, the computer said I uninstalled IE6 and asked me if I wanted to erase personal settings, I said yes, But the IE icon was still there and when clicked on still goes to my homepage. The error message is usually when I try to click on a link.
The second problem was saying my Net\Framewok could not be found. I uninstalled then reinstalled the net\framework and haven't seen the error message since.
The final error said the procedure entry point get requested runtimeversion could not be located on the dynamic link library. I haven't seen this message again either, but iI can't help but think that the 3 might be related.
I have tried to download IE7 or 8 but all download links either give me the Requested lookup key error or, more commonly, just locks up and the site does not respond.
Any Ideas on how I can solve this dilema would be very helpful.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

After several errors while installing

Re-do. If you'll see errors again, you may have some hardware problems.