Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Another Problem With Msn Explorer

• Please log in to reply

debbyski

debbyski

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
It seems I have resolved the issue by simply putting the security settings to medium. The slider was set on medium-high. It would be interesting to know why putting the security slider on a slightly lower setting resolved the msn error issue. One more thing is, you guys are wonderful! Sometimes I feel like the family on the Dell commercial who kidnap the dell technician to make their error message "go away". Instead I rely on the real experts, GEEKS TO GO! <_<

Edited by debbyski, 20 January 2004 - 08:52 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

It would be interesting to know why putting the security slider on a slightly lower setting resolved the msn error issue.

If you click on the advanced button, you'll be able to compare the settings and try toggling the settings until you figure out which was responsible for the error. I'll bet it's the Run Active X Controls and Plugins. Anything other than enable probably causes issues with MSN.

Do you have the latest version of Internet Explorer installed (6.0), with all the patches installed?

One more thing is, you guys are wonderful! Sometimes I feel like the family on the Dell commercial who kidnap the dell technician to make their error message "go away".

Don't you just love that commercial? <_< The ironic thing is Dell's support while good, is still lacking. One of the most common problems on this and other computer help sites is spyware, and yet Dell won't even let their tech support offer any advice on the detection or removal of spyware. Also, the decision to outsource most tech support to India, was not a good one. Only large corporate customers still get to talk to a US call center.

Instead I rely on the real experts, GEEKS TO GO!

:D :D :D Thanks for the kind words! :D

blynski

blynski

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I seem to be having the problem with msn telling me the same error message over and over again. I am set to medium and still receive it. I would be extremely glad if someone could help me.I am on a brand new dell laptop and I also tried to do a system restore to resolve this problem but it comes back saying unable to do the restore. Not sure how to fix that either. This is my first laptop. I have two other desktops and have never had any trouble with either.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
please start your own thread in the XP forum with a full description of your problem