Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM usage goes from low to critical for no reason

• Please log in to reply

Therev1

Therev1

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello friends: I haven't written recently because all seemed well. But something is troubling me, and I am not a techy.

I have a Vista Premium AMD Turion x2 laptop, dual core, 250gb hd, 3g Ram.
Since purchase in Oct 08 until a couple of days ago, upon boot the memory meter always started at around 35% or less and never went past mid 40s for any time. For some reason, for the past few days, when I turn it on it is around 35%, but it increases gradually (40, 50, 60, 70%) in only a few hours of use. Even with no open programs/apps. Just a while ago, it got to a point where the memory meter was at 82% and the bar turned from green to red. I have done nothing different from the past. My Outlook is usually opened so that I know when emails arrive; I work with Firefox; and am your basic Word/PPt 07 user.

Every time I re-start, the issue starts all over again.

I have checked processes in the Task manager and nothing seems out of the ordinary. I've scanned for viruses and malware, and nothing.

It's driving me nuts.
Can you help?
Thanks,
Hiram

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Post WhatsRunning snapshot after few hours of use....

Download, install, and run Whats Running.
Click on Take snapshot in the left pane.
New pop-up window will open.
Click on Save snapshot, and save the file as snap (.xml extension will be added automatically) to know location.

Posted Image

Zip the file, and attach it to your next reply.

XxDarkSatoshixX

XxDarkSatoshixX

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
what is your running anti- software if you can download the free trail avast and use that if nothing happens post back it could be something in ur computer doing this