Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Server 2k8 hardware/software issue

• Please log in to reply

Aaron_M

Aaron_M

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello all. I don't see that Microsoft Server 2008 is supported here, but I figured I would try anyway.

Running an HP Proliant DL380G6 with Windows Server 2008 32 bit. Our proprietary software requires an Aladdin Hasp4 key to operate. I installed the software, the Hasp drivers, created an exception in the Data protection screen for the software.
When I launch the software, I get an error message that says a dongle has not been found.
I looked in Device Manager, and it appears there as "Aladdin Hasp key" and it says it's working properly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times, even found an updated driver for the Hasp at Windows Update.
It still won't run.
My company purchased 3 of these servers to deploy in several locations to run as photo servers with this software. Our currently deployed servers are running Server 2k3 and no problem. But they are old and in need of replacement.
Any suggestions for a work around would be helpful.

One other thing...I can run XP in VMWare and access the Hasp, so I believe it to be OS related.

Thanks
Aaron Masters
Jackson Digital Imaging

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
there's a chance that the hasp key isn't 2k8 compliant...at which point it doesn't really detect it correctly...have you contacted the manufacturer of the software?

Aaron_M

Aaron_M

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Well yes actually. If by software manufacturer, your referring to the program that utilizes the Hasp. Its an in house programmer, who works here.
Its a good point about compliance and the key. I'll call Aladdin systems today to check on it.

Thanks