Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

should i be worried? vundo varient msfake

• Please log in to reply

dustinr

dustinr

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Okay so one a yesterday i turned my computer on and walked a way to do some stuff, a while later a came back and my computer was still in the loading windows screen, i had to turn off the computer right away and go somewere thoe. when i came back i turned on my computer as usual, and a little blue shield was in my system tray, it said windows has had an important update and had an automatic restart. i didnt believe it because it wasnt the usual yellow shield, so i scanned my laptop with superantispyware. here are the log files for the scan

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 08/13/2009 at 02:52 PM

Application Version : 4.27.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 4055
Trace Rules Database Version: 1995

Scan type : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:43:07

Memory items scanned : 495
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 5869
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 15997
File threats detected : 2

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Winuser\Cookies\winuser@doubleclick[1].txt

Adware.Vundo/Variant-MSFake
C:\SYSTEM VOLUME INFORMATION\_RESTORE{566F3EF9-6779-479D-B725-0D3B69105EA5}\RP142\A0078783.EXE

it said to restart the computer so i did, then i did another scan and it didnt find anything so i thought everything was okay. but i dont know how long i had it and im worried about identity theft. im 14 and my mom is old, lol she has used our computer for banking before, a while ago. and she tried to the day before this happened but she couldnt log in because she forgot her login stuff i am also not sure if its gone because ive read other people's posts of a new vundo that cant be scanned.. and im afraid mine upgraded to that... i also scanned my computer with avast afterwards and found nothing, and i downloaded malwarebytes and scanned and still found nothing.. i am thinking about using vundofix.. will it hurt my computer if i dont have the vundo anymore? and should i be worrying about identity theft? thanks :)

Advertisements