Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suggestions for Shout cast server

• Please log in to reply

cozmicrain

cozmicrain

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I have posted here.
I used to do a radio station that didnt really get much traffic due to its lack of promotion wiht a company called screaming host.

They seemed to work out well, but they were in fact at the time the only streaming host I attempted to try out.

Normally radio stations or shout cast streamers are expensive to run. And the money they like to charge for bandwith is a bit high. Its hardly logical to pay someone 125.00 per month for a mere 50 listeners. If it were a couple hundred I wouldn't mind so much. Granted the internet radio station is a freebie and a personal project. In the past I never opted to do advertising for anyone, again with the bandwidth charges it would hardly be worth the cost for them to reach just a mere 50 listeners.

I was wondering if anyone else has or are running a shout cast server or doing live broadcasting and which host you guys prefer or use.

Any suggestions on lowering the cost and radio web page design tips.

I am one of those that never quite figured out how to get the page to be able to
list WHICH DJ was on air, or WHAT song was or had been played. Much less get a live request form to work as it should.

In the past it was a basic web page telling about the station and a link to click to listen in winamp, media player or real player.

ITunes seems to be something new to me. I'll have to include that option when I rebuild.

So yes open and looking for any expert adivice and maybe not so expert as long as its doable lol. Understand my knowledge of php is null. So here I am waiting to hear from those much smarter than myself. Its how I learn after all. lol.

Open fire and give me all ya got, I'm ready.
Often I wonder how things I start to do for fun wind up making me crazy or cry lol.

Peace
Look forward to reading comments

Thanks
Rain :tazz:

Advertisements

marvy

marvy

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
check out www.cybertelly.com