Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo! Messenger/Mail will not work

• Please log in to reply

skullfission

skullfission

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello.

I've been using Yahoo! Messenger (or Mail - thought it may be pertinent though I don't really care for the mail) for quite some time now without a hitch, until this v9. Ever since v9 has come out (v8 doesn't work for me either), I have been unable to connect to Yahoo! Messenger (it says my user id / password is wrong - same password works just fine on v7 and I'm 100% sure I'm entering the same one).

I also am unable to connect to login.yahoo.com and mail.yahoo.com, the former of which I would imagine is causing the problems with messenger, but I am unsure. messenger.yahoo.com works fine, but again, when I click on either sign in or sign up, it redirects to login.yahoo.com, and I get another "cannot find the server at login.yahoo.com" error.

This happens in both Firefox and IE.
Java and Flash player are up to date.

I've been banging my head on tables since they announced they were eliminating 7.x functionality. I can log in just fine with v7. Not a hitch.
Then I uninstall, install v8/v9, and attempt to log in and get the password error. This happens on no version prior to 8.0.

On a network but not behind any proxies, tried all Yahoo! Connection Preferences.

Please help, this is driving me insane.

Advertisements