Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

itunes launch issue

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

I am using Vista and have this recurring and very annoying problem with launching itunes. It only sometimes opens when I click the itunes icon whether the icon is a shortcut or the original in the itunes folder. On a related note, often it doesn't play either and I have to close the application and reopen it so that it plays music! I went to the itunes support site and couldn't find the help I needed. Anyone familiar with this problem?

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Many times, the problems people experience with itunes is that the user preference files get corrupted. Simply deleting the pref files and having itunes recreate them will fix 90% of itune problems. The only thing here is that the user has to go into itunes to reset all his personal preferences again. Small price to pay for having itunes work as it should.

HERE is the Apple troubleshooting page. If you haven't read it yet, it's a good read. Read the header "User-specific Troubleshooting" to learn how to delete the pref files. There are two of them, and both must be deleted.