Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Green line on my HP laptop screen

• Please log in to reply

ajazzy

ajazzy

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My HP has this green Line that shows up as soon as the laptop is switched on and stays on. No laptop trauma. Infact when i move the mouse on the line it shows fine. I asked me to press F10 during boot and the green line gows away. So not a hardware problem. They wont tell me what is is. Just some 'software issue'.

Can you guys help me . What is it. Do i need a graphics driver update or what ? Help

Advertisements

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Can you take picture of your laptop screen?.. And then take a screenshot of your Desktop.. Post both pictures here.. I suspect the laptop lcd screen itself might be faulty..

ajazzy

ajazzy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Here's a snap shot
green_line.JPG

Screen_photo.JPG

fenzodahl512

fenzodahl512

• Malware Removal
  • 9,863 posts
Yup.. Its the lcd screen itself is faulty.. Noted that the screenshot above doesn't have that green line while your camera snapshot shows there's green line on your laptop..

If the laptop is still under warranty, I strongly suggest you to backup all important files/documents/pictures/movies/songs/etc and send the laptop to your vendor or HP Service Center for warranty purpose.. The cost to replace the lcd screen should be free (if still under warranty)..