Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE7 and Excel problem

• Please log in to reply

jjonz

jjonz

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I hope this is the correct forum for this topic.

I have recently reloaded windows. In the process the following problem has occurred.

I download some Spanish study material from the following site. jjonz.us/SpanishDestinos. The "Scramble" files at the bottom of the page are Excel files.

If I click on these files the "open, save, cancel" window opens. Then if I click on open I get a window "verifying blahblah(filename).xls" with a running green line through the center (like itis trying to load this file to a temp location). Then I get a warning msg that windows cannot find blahblah.xls in a specified temp location.

If I open Excel FIRST, then click on a link, the selected file opens.

Before reloading windows, I could just click on a file and explorer would open excel and the appropriate file.

Why won't explorer automatically open excel to read the spreadsheet?

Sorry if I made this sound confusing.

Thanks for any help.

jj

Advertisements

jjonz

jjonz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Solution

I ran a fix on MS office (Control Panel/Add Remove....) and the problem seemed to fix itself.

I dont know how it got corrupted, but is working now.

Thanks.

jj