Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Help

• Please log in to reply

nymetsfan25

nymetsfan25

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just moved into my new apartment and got set up with a Motorola SURFboard SB5101 cable modem, which works fine. However, I tried to plug in my Linksys WRK54G wireless router into it, and it isn't working. I don't have any installation CD or anything, but last year I did the same thing without a CD. I used it at home where it was set up, then took it to school and plugged it right into the internet they had provided. Now when I go to connect to it, it says I connect to the network, but I can't access the web. Can anybody help?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are you on DSL or cable for your internet? who is your provider? they should have instructions for using a router with your connection...a lot of times you've got to change the modem to bridge mode and put the connection info directly into the router if it's DSL