Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista 64-bit to Windows 7 64-bit

• Please log in to reply

Nadrii

Nadrii

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
The download for the Windows 7 Release Candidate is available for a few more days and I was considering downloading it. However, for some odd reason that I can't describe my hard drive seems to be absolutely full. I know for a fact I haven't downloaded enough to fill up my 237.8g hard drive.

So my question is this. Are there any well known applications that will identify locations in my computer that are housing a lot of data. A possible clean up tool of some sort. I'd like to dual boot this new OS but I'm afraid I won't be able to with 18g left on the HD.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edited by Nadrii, 15 August 2009 - 07:34 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Windows 7 RC is upgradeable from Vista, though the recommendation is a clean installation - ie wipe the drive first. Therefore "clearing out" isn't an issue as you'll need to wipe it anyway, or use a second hard drive.

Nadrii

Nadrii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
The thing is, come March I don't want to be left reformatting my PC yet again. I want to be able to just go back to lame 'ol vista again until I get Windows 7 full.