Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Linksys WRT54G Router No Longer Working Wirelessly

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hi there! I need help. I unplugged my router and dsl modem overnight and when I plugged them back in this morning I can no longer connect wirelessly to the internet. I spoke to my internet provider (Centurytel) and the problem is not on their end. The warranty is up on my router so Linksys won't help me fix the problem. I have tried the command prompt (ip config) and have found that my media is disconnected. I am currently on a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista OS but my other wireless devices won't connect either.

Can anyone help?

I would appreciate it!

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
best bet is to reset the router to factory defaults and set it back up for wireless operation (sounds like that may be what has happened already)....the instructions to do this can be found in your router manual (which should be found somewhere Here )