Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Biostar Intergrated sound device and..

• Please log in to reply

cozmicrain

cozmicrain

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Totally silly post but its driving me nuts. I have a Bio Star board... not a big fan of them but needed to replace one not long ago and needed to do it on a budget...

Anyways, I have went through and updated drivers and my settings system is working great with the exception of ONE very UNIMPORTANT issue that is totally driving me nuts. If only because I just don't know WHY.

For what ever reason the sound in voice chats on yahoo, fade out after just a few moments. I can initiate them but the sound is choppy then it just dies out.

Someone mentioned that its because I have intergrated sound on my mother board.

Is there any truth to this and for god's sake how can I work around it. Just really not seeing the diffrence enough to pay for a new soundblaster audigy card.
It works wonderful with everything...... but that.

Just having a hard time believing its my intergrated sound but several people have mentioned it with out really offering any details as to how or why or resources for information.

Have you ever just had one of those little things in life that really bugged the crap out of ya? This is it for me lol.

Any thoughts?
thanks

rain

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
I remember there was a thread a few weeks ago about sound issues in yahoo chat. I scanned over it, but didnt pay too much attention...try doing a search of the forum for yahoo chat, it might turn up. if not under this section, also try applications.

the fact that your using onboard sound shouldnt make a difference. but...onboard sound uses shared system resources, and I have seen many a problem with onboard sound. its basically just an integrated chip when its onboard, as opposed to a full card. you will always get better results from a separate card. check out an old SB live! value card for a cheap upgrade that should solve any problems and sound just fine.

wish I could give you a solid answer here, but I just dont know any specifics on yahoo chat.