Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Several forum problems

• Please log in to reply

x7anoonah

x7anoonah

• Pip
  • 0 posts
Hi, how are you. I just happened to find this forum by luck. I hope that someone knows more and can help me. I just do not know where to turn anymore :)

I have a forum for Muslim females. Its a very small innocent forum where we talk about general women things. Well their is a very large Islamic forum that I guess is targeted a lot by anti Islamic people (which I had no idea about) and they got my forum link from there. Now these people have stole my banner, stole my name. Made a forum with the same name we have and act like they are me. They go around everywhere on the net posting this link. THEY HAVE A LOT of time. Its very sad. When you go to the forum they have really bad horrible things about Islam.

I have contacted the people who run the forum they are on several times with no response. I have contacted invisionfree forum who run mine and not got much help as well.

I am sure their were several of these people on my forum. They act like Muslim women just to make fun of us at their forums, its very odd. I set my forum up to be more private. And when I did more problems started happening. I am sure it made them mad. I started checking IP's and they are come from Canada (maybe its the same person) maybe they rotate IPs who knows?

Anyway, so today I logged into my forum today and some odd things are happening. When I sign on instead of my user name it is someone else. And when you post its weird and jumbled. Can you get a virus or anything like that in your forum? And other people saw it as well so its not just my computer its the actual forum.

If you want the link to my forum and the fake one please PM me I do not want to post them on here bc of the problems.

I appreciate all your help, thank you so much in advance.

Advertisements

Pyrrish

Pyrrish

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Sounds like you may have a vulnerability in your forum and someone may have exploited it. Try banning forum accounts that you know are offenders.