Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

open windows installer cleanuo

• Please log in to reply

kashoobs

kashoobs

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I installed windows installer cleanup. How do I open it to use it?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Be careful with this application. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

kashoobs

kashoobs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I get destinations.msi when trying to download adobe 9. I was told to install windows cleanup and run it on adobe

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
OK, I was just checking. Please use the application carefully.

If the Installer Cleanup utility installed correctly, there should be a shortcut in Start menu/Programs. All you have to do is doubleclick on the shortcut to open it.

kashoobs

kashoobs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I get a list that says select all,clear all remove, exit. Is that what I am looking for? I am trying to follow instructions on your website once before to run cleanup on destinations and adobe but I don't know how to do it.

Edited by kashoobs, 16 August 2009 - 01:11 PM.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
PLEASE do not click on anything yet!

To use this utility, all you need to do is click on the item you want to remove and click on Remove.

Here, I've selected Adobe Reader 7. If I click on Remove, it'll remove the Installer referecne. That's all to it.

[attachment=33103:WUU.gif]

kashoobs

kashoobs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The instructions I got was to "clean" adobe AND destinations. If I remove thwm to reinstall I know where to get adobe but what is "destinations" and where would I get it?

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
The Windows Cleanup utility is used to remove the installation reference so you can reinstall an application. This is what this is used for. It's not meant to "clean" anything as there is no option as you can see.

Unfortunately, I don't use Vista, nor do I have problems with Destinations on my XP machines, so I don't know what it really is or where to get it if you uninstalled it. I would need to do more research on it before I can help you with this.