Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

explorer.exe - application error

• Please log in to reply

tieland

tieland

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I received a laptop from a friend that was having a problem when it started it it had the dr watson error and wouldnt do anything you click it off it comes right back. so looking at one of your forums i deleted it and fixed that and now that i have i now get explorer.exe - application error i can move around alittle more but still cant open anything but task manager. if i try to go to run it will not let me. the only way i was able to delete dr watson going thru saft mode in dos. i would love to show you the hij codes but i cant install anything. I even tried to reinstall xp but it say storage disk cannot be found can someone help or tell me were to start please

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Does everything work fine in safe mode?

tieland

tieland

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
no it dont it the same

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

it say storage disk cannot be found

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

tieland

tieland

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
i have tried to use a recovery disk that i downloaded and burned using cdcc but it wont start i tried it in safe mode and normal mode but no haps also tried to boot from cd and nothing when i try to do it from task manager it starts the the error pops up is there something that i can disable so i can run disk. i also tried to put hijack on a mem card and tried to install it so i could help you help me better but that didnt work either

tieland

tieland

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
it is a Qosmio g25-av513 by toshiba and it say in safe mode
The exception Illegal Instruction
An attemp was made to execute an illegal instruction.
(0xc000001d) occurred in the application at location 0x77f828e1.

Click on OK to terminate the program

when it try to click on anything