Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to install Service Pack 3.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

zxcymn

zxcymn

• PipPip
  • 61 posts
Hi, I'm trying to install Service Pack 3 so that I may play GTAIV.

However, whenever it's finished installing it gets to the point where it says it's running processes (I assume for testing, I can't remember the exact text) and every time this happens I get a whole slew of errors. Multiple applications crash with an error message. The applications include: wuauclt.exe, net.exe, net1.exe, taskmgr.exe, rundll32.exe, iexplore.exe. The error message is the same for all and nothing specific, just stating it crashed. I also get the following error message:

"Exception EAccessViolation in module ioloHL.dll at 0000D46B
Access violation at address 5A90046B in module 'ioloHL.dll'. Read of address 84B4448B."

If I click okay to any of these error messages, more spawn until I eventually have like 300 so I'm left with nothing to do but restart, which causes it to say the installation failed and that it's going back to SP2.

Anyone got an idea? =\

Advertisements

zxcymn

zxcymn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
All right, well, I figured it out on my own. So it turns out that ioloHL.dll is notorious for causing installation problems. I uninstalled System Mechanic and made sure that .dll was removed and SP3 installed no problems.

In case anyone else has this trouble.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
thanks for letting us know... :) ...
your right ...it WILL help someone else with the same problem