Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

1GB SD Card

• Please log in to reply

Lovltn848

Lovltn848

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Hi everyone, I was wondering if I could get help solving a problem with my camera's SD card when I put it into my laptop's card slot. Since I got my new laptop in March, I've never had a problem with the SD card on my computer to get pictures off of it, but just this month it has been making My Computer freeze up and stop working. If I close the window and try to re-open it, I just get a blank window. Then other things start happening like Mozilla Firefox freezing up. Every time this happens I have to reboot and then everything goes back to normal. Has anyone heard of this problem before? What can I do to get this to work correctly again?

ETA: I'm also having trouble uploading things onto facebook and photobucket. After a reboot, I was able to upload a video, but when I tried to upload another one, the My Computer window froze when I tried to open the folder that contained the video file.

Edited by Lovltn848, 16 August 2009 - 11:27 PM.

Advertisements

Lovltn848

Lovltn848

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
Nothing?

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
Some suggestions:
1) Re-formatting the SD card
2) Checking to see whether the lock on the side of the card is off
3) Cleaning the card and card slot area
4) Reinstalling drivers for the card slot

Lovltn848

Lovltn848

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
I think the card transferred some problem with my computer, because not only is there a problem with the card, I have problems uploading things to photobucket and facebook when the card isn't even in the slot.

Wander

Wander

• PipPipPip
  • 205 posts
If you suspect that any malware originated from the card, I suggest you post a topic in malware removal section of this forum.

Lovltn848

Lovltn848

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
I don't suspect malware, I suspect a corrupted file, but I will do that.