Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Your System is Infected" Spyware

• Please log in to reply

chiapped

chiapped

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I recently got some sort of spyware on my computer that hijacked the desktop background with the title message and a blue screen. From what I understand, I am not the only one. However, in trying to get rid of it, I ran a couple of anti-virus and anti-spyware (AVG Free, MBAM) programs that got rid of the toolbar pop-up which was trying to sell a "windows" program to remove the spyware, but did not correct the background. I tried to get into safe mode, but the virus did not allow this, so I used SafeBoot to get into safe mode. However, since the virus will not allow Safe Mode, my computer is stuck in an infinite reboot cycle no matter which selection on choose on the start-up screen. Since I cant get into windows or any other command prompt, I am at a loss for what to do. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

PS - Just to add some challenge, my CD drive is also non-functioning.

Advertisements