Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

XP will not load and DSKCHK appears good

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was working on the computer this morning and my daughter turned off the computer while I was on the internet. The computer shut itself down and then it tried to reboot. It has been stuck in a loop ever since. It will not load in Safe Mode or any other mode for that matter. I have run a CHKDSK on the C: and D: drives and they both appear to be in good condition.

I have tried to put the XP disc in to REPAIR the Windows XP version, however I do not know the Admin password. Please help the newbie to geekstogo out.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You don't need Admin password.

Boot off XP CD, press Enter on the "Welcome to XP" screen, press F8, then press R on that screen, not the first screen.