Can't Switch to other user accounts
Posted 17 August 2009 - 02:21 PM
Posted 17 August 2009 - 08:34 PM
This might help. Navigate to:
Start > Control Panel > Users
Choose the option, "Change the way users log on and off". Then check both "Enable Fast User Switching" and "Use welcome screen".
Click Apply or Ok, and then restart your computer.
Sorry if things are worded a little differently, or in different places - I'm not currently using Windows XP, so I can't double check Search around and give me the outcome.
Posted 18 August 2009 - 01:42 PM
Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:03 PM
To do a System Restore follow these steps:
· Click Start and then to All Programs
· Scroll to Accessories and then System Tools
· Click on System Restore
· A Welcome screen will come up and you need to click on Restore My Computer To A Earlier Date
· Then click on Next
· Now you will see in the window Select A Restore Point. From here select a date a couple of days before the problem started.
· Then click Next
· On the Confirm Restore Point Selection window verify the Restore Point you chose is correct.
· Close all open programs and click Next
· The computer will now automatically shut down and reboot. When it restarts you will see ”Restoration Complete” page and then click OK
· Once you have made sure that everything is now running correctly then please reply back with the results.
Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:27 PM
Posted 18 August 2009 - 03:32 PM
Simple fixes are forgotten because we look for the more complex reasons.
Congratulations. for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:
You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed OpenOutcome and myself to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help.
This issue now appears to be resolved.
If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users