Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Switch to other user accounts

• Please log in to reply

genuineheart

genuineheart

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Okay when i log on to user account 1 then i want to switch to user account 2 i hit switch users then it brings me to the screen where it shows me all users so i can choose and when i chose the other account it looks like its gonna go then the screen looks as if it just refreshes and im still there. it will only let me go back to the account i just came out of.

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hello there,

This might help. Navigate to:

Start > Control Panel > Users

Choose the option, "Change the way users log on and off". Then check both "Enable Fast User Switching" and "Use welcome screen".

Click Apply or Ok, and then restart your computer.

Sorry if things are worded a little differently, or in different places - I'm not currently using Windows XP, so I can't double check :) Search around and give me the outcome.

-Jason :)

genuineheart

genuineheart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
they're both already checked. any other idea? i wanted to try restoring with the f10 key at startup but its like it is disabled or something because the f12 and f1 setip keys work just not that option it shows the f10 but it doesnt work. I figure restoring will fix it but maybe you know what i can do for that. thanks ~GEN~

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How To Restore back to a earlier date.

To do a System Restore follow these steps:
· Click Start and then to All Programs
· Scroll to Accessories and then System Tools
· Click on System Restore
· A Welcome screen will come up and you need to click on Restore My Computer To A Earlier Date
· Then click on Next
· Now you will see in the window Select A Restore Point. From here select a date a couple of days before the problem started.
· Then click Next
· On the Confirm Restore Point Selection window verify the Restore Point you chose is correct.
· Close all open programs and click Next
· The computer will now automatically shut down and reboot. When it restarts you will see ”Restoration Complete” page and then click OK
· Once you have made sure that everything is now running correctly then please reply back with the results.

genuineheart

genuineheart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
oh wow it worked lol. thanks. im glad you were here to help. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are welcome. Did this resolve the issue for you?

genuineheart

genuineheart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
yes it did. Thanks again. I wonder why I didnt think of doing that in the first place.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It's understandable when our systems do not work correctly we get stressed out.
Simple fixes are forgotten because we look for the more complex reasons.

Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue. I am happy everything has been worked out for you. With that being said I am happy to say:

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed OpenOutcome and myself to assist you with your issue and for your patience. Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible