Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help With Uninstall

• Please log in to reply

jerome

jerome

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I recently tried to uninstall Adobe Premiere, and the setup quit halfway through the installation, saying an error occured and setup.exe needed to quit. I then tried to use the Add/Remove Programs to uninstall Premiere, but it says DeIsl1.isu cannot be found and uninstallation cannot be completed.

I know there are traces of this program in my registry and I want to get rid of them. Help!!

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Try re-installing Adobe Premiere to see if it will repair its uninstall program. Then uninstall using Add/Remove Programs utility in Control Panel or if it has a shortcut to the uninstall that it should have repaired, use it.

Manually :
You probably still have a lot of Adobe still in its folders after a partial uninstall so do a search of your HD using Adobe as a keyword. Delete, carefully, the folder(s) and files found. You're going to miss some files I'm sure.

If you get the uninstalled repaired, use a registry cleaner to remove traces from your registry. Make a backup of your registry before you delete any registry information.

Manually :
Open regedit and do a a search with keywords related to Adobe Premiere and delete what you find. Don't forget to backup the registry.

Ron