Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hiren

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

lotus8

lotus8

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
hi i downloaded hirens boot cd 9.9 its`a rar file my pc shows it as an unknown file type how do i extract the contents and burn it as an iso? thx

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello lotus8.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

What you need to do is get either winzip, winrar or 7zip.
Any will be able to extract the files for you.
Personally I suggest 7zip as it seems to be the easiest to understand and work with.
You can get it from HERE

lotus8

lotus8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
thx man whats theth best freeware program to burn with like a roxio cause nero sux i like a utiliy that is drag and drop and can but all formats dvd dl included. im such a leech lol.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are very welcome.
Go HERE and scroll down to the CD\DVD Burning Software section. There you will find some free software for what you want.

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

hi i downloaded hirens boot cd 9.9 its`a rar file my pc shows it as an unknown file type how do i extract the contents and burn it as an iso? thx

Hi There

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure that Hiren's Boot CD is pirated commercial software which is against the TOU here.

Don't want to sound like a killjoy but keep yourself right by using BartPE or UBCD4WIN or Ubuntu Live CD.

Regards

lotus8

lotus8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
i believe all the apps on it are freeware its just all on 1 cd

datarunner

datarunner

• PipPipPip
  • 440 posts
Hi There

Partition Magic Pro 8.05
Acronis Disk Director 10.0.2160
Paragon Partition Manager 7.0.1274

ALL commercial and that's just the first 3 items out of many on this page:

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

Regards

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good catch datarunner and since the above mentioned programs are not free then we can not offer any support for this.
This has been turned over for Moderator and Administrator review and assistance will continue if authorized.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to copied, pirated, cracked or in any other way, stolen programs, movies, music or any other media. It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.

If you have any issues with this policy please PM a Moderator or Admin.