Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE rundell32.exe and MSHTML prob

• Please log in to reply

aragon32

aragon32

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I am running IE 8 on win xp. When I try to open properties through the desktop icon I get an error message
rundll32.exe- ordinal not found The ordinal 101 could not be located in the dynamic link library MSHTML.dll

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi aragon32...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
can you tell us exactly what it is your trying to do...
are you having some kind of problem...

fabriceman91

fabriceman91

• Pip
  • 1 posts
There are 3 step to repair rundll inetcpl.cpl error

If you got rundll inetcpl.cpl error then there is a 94% chance that your computer has registry problems. To repair rundll inetcpl.cpl error you need to follow the steps below:

* Step 1 - Download a Perfect Optimizer,install this error repair tool.
* Step 2 - Click the Repair All Button.It will scan you pc for Free.
* Step 3 - Then click the Repair All Button again and your done! It is very easy to repair rundll inetcpl.cpl error.

Here are the url of Perfect Optimizer:http://www.repairerrornow.com/tidpp-rundll_inetcpl.cpl_error-zz0001
Source(s):
http://www.repairerr...pl_error-zz0001

i got this from yahooanswers.com

n3ko

n3ko

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
Posted Image Yikes!

I wouldn't recommend you follow the above poster's advice aragon32. I hope you've not tried that yet. These are all Registry "Cleaners" and "Optimizers". These are not recommended at all here. They do serious harm to your computer more often than not, and should never be used.

There are better ways to fix these errors, and the staff here should be able to find one for you. How easy it is depends on a couple of things, though. For instance, do you have an install disk for XP? Or do you have an OEM Recovery disk that came with your computer?

Have you tried restoring your computer with a restore point, to a time when you didn't get this error?

And of course, Happyrock's question needs an answer too, for him to be able to help you best.

Edited by n3ko, 18 September 2009 - 09:47 AM.