Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sims 2 Double Deluxe Digital Download transfer

• Please log in to reply

Krissy82

Krissy82

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I am getting a new PC and I have The Sims2 Double Deluxe digital download that I purchased from EA. I want to put it on the new PC but it takes like 8 to 10 hours to download from the website because it's a really big file (4GB).

I have read that all I have to do is transfer the Program file to an external HDD and then just place on new PC. But I'm scared to do it because I don't want to mess up a brand new PC.

So, Is there anyway I can transfer it to the new PC without having to re-download and re-install without messing up new PC?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if you still have the file that you downloaded the first time...then all you have to do is copy it from one computer to the other (however you feel like doing that...with a usb drive, dvd, carrier pigeon who's really good with computers)....however...if you downloaded the original installer file...installed the program then deleted the installer file that you downloaded from EA....then you'll have to re-download the installer