Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojans

• Please log in to reply

judean7

judean7

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, My son was using my computer on facebook, was running farmville and I have no idea what he downloaded onto my computer. After he logged off, around 2 hours later, I go to my computer and find multiple error messages on my desktop (I did not write any of them down). After Xing out of all of the error messages, I tried running virus software (AVAST) to no avail. I restarted my computer and now it only boots to my desktop with no icons. I cannot get on the internet at all. It will not let me install any programs. I am having to work through Task Magager to look at files or run dos. I did get a message that I had YiHW.exe Trj and Walivun trj. I found the yihw.exe and deleted it in the windows\sys32. I am at a loss. I use my computer for work as a Medical transcriptionist and I need to try to solve this problem ASAP as I have lost 3 days of work. Please, can you advise me on what to do? I have turned off system restore. I am using windows xp professional on an HP Compaq computer d530c

Thanks for your time.

Debbie aka Judean7

Edited by judean7, 18 August 2009 - 10:05 AM.

Advertisements

handhfan

handhfan

Trusted Helper

• Expert
  • 13,659 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

judean7

judean7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your help, but as I said, I have no access to the internet to download any of these files to run them (I am using my husband's PC). I tried saving them to disk, but even in the zipped format, they would not copy. Could you please give instructions on how tho post an OTListIt log in THAT forum. I do not know how to get there.

Again, I thank you for your help, it is greatly appreciated.

Judean7

Edited by judean7, 18 August 2009 - 12:39 PM.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
You need to post in the Virus Removal forum, we cant help you in this part of the forum with malware related issues. They can guide you with that problem