Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard drive enclosure case HELP

• Please log in to reply

SirDanielFortesque

SirDanielFortesque

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok first off I have a Mac and I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers so I apologize for the number of errors I might have made... I currently have a Western Digital EIDE Caviar hard drive (SE 7200) and some enclosure case by ADS ( I lost the box due to my busy life, moving, and this started a year ago) and its been having a few issues right off the bat. When transferring files (ranging from 1 mb to 4 gb) it randomly freezes during the process (about 70% of the time) and thus having to holding the power button and killing the computer (yes I know its a no no, but relaunching Finder doesnt work). I did format the hard drive correctly, and even partitioned it into five sections. SO, I feel that my course of action is to simply buy a new enclosure case (one that is compatible :) ). This is where I need help. Will this hard drive be compatible with only an EIDE enclosure case or will it be fine with IDE or ATA. And Do you guys have any suggestions of reliable enclosure cases.

THANKS!

Advertisements